Name: Sheng Jin
Position: Associate Professor
He is an Associate Professor at the Institute of Intelligent Transportation Systems, College of Civil Engineering and Architecture of Zhejiang University. His primary research areas are traffic theory, traffic signal control, traffic big data, intelligent transportation systems, traffic safety, bicycle traffic and so on. He has published more than 80 articles, including more than 40 international journals (SCI/E). He has won numerous honors such as the China Electronics Association Award and the Jilin Provincial Science and Technology Progress Award.
09/2007—06/2010 School of Transportation, Jilin University, China Ph.D.
09/2005—06/2007 School of Transportation, Jilin University, China M.S.
09/2001—06/2005 School of Transportation, Jilin University, China B.S.
12/2015—present Associate Professor in Transport Engineering, College of Civil Engineering and Architecture, Zhejiang University, China
08/2014—08/2015 Visiting Professor, School of Engineering, Griffith University, Australia
01/2013—12/2015 Lecturer in Transport Engineering, College of Civil Engineering and Architecture, Zhejiang University, China
12/2011—03/2012 Visiting Research Fellow, Centre for Maritime Studies(CMS), National University of Singapore, Singapore
07/2010—12/2012 Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Transport Engineering, College of Civil Engineering and Architecture, Zhejiang University, China
1) 2018—2020 Profile Construction and Analysis of Urban Trip Characteristics Based on Multi-view Big Data, funded by National Natural Science Foundation of China(NSFC), PI
2) 2018—2021 Deep learning and big data based back pressure distributed signal control at oversaturation intersections, funded by National Natural Science Foundation of China(NSFC), Co-PI
3) 2018—2019 Big data driven travel mode portrait of motor vehicles, funded by Zhejiang University, PI
4) 2016—2018 Modeling and simulation of microscopic traffic flow under cooperative driving conditions, funded by Zhejiang Provincial Natural Science Foundation of China, PI
5) 2014—2016 Application of Intelligent Urban Traffic Management, Control and Service Technology, funded by Ministry of Science and Technology of China, PI
6) 2012—2015 Visual Angle Driving Behavior Model, funded by National Natural Science Foundation of China(NSFC), PI
1) M. Zhou, X. Qu, S. Jin*. On the Impact of Cooperative Autonomous Vehicles in Improving Freeway Merging: A Modified Intelligent Driver Model-Based Approach. IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, 2017, 18(6), 1422-1428.
2) D. Wang, X. Ma, D. Ma, S. Jin*. A Novel Speed–Density Relationship Model Based on the Energy Conservation Concept. IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, 2017, 18(5), 1179-1189.
3) D. Wang, F. Fu, X. Luo, S. Jin*, D. Ma. Travel Time Estimation Method for Urban Road Based on Traffic Stream Directions. Transportmetrica A, 2016, 12(6), 479–503.
5) S. Jin, X. Qu, C. Xu, D. Ma, D. Wang. An improved multi-value cellular automata model for heterogeneous bicycle traffic flow. Physics Letters A, 2015, 379, 2409–2416.
6) S. Jin*, X. Qu, D. Zhou, C. Xu, D. Ma, D. Wang. Estimating cycleway capacity and bicycle equivalent unit for electric bicycles. Transportation Research Part A 77, 2015, 225-248.
7) X. Qu, Y. Yang, Z. Liu, S. Jin*, J. Weng. Potential crash risks of expressway on-ramps and off-ramps: A case study in Beijing, China. Safety Science, 2014, 70, 58-62.
8) X. Qu, Y. Kuan, E. Oh, S. Jin*. Safety Evaluation for Expressways: A Comparative Study for Macroscopic and Microscopic Indicators. Traffic Injury Prevention 2014, 15(1), 89-93.
9) S. Jin, D. Wang, C. Xu, Z. Huang. Staggered car-following induced by lateral separation effects in traffic flow. Physics Letters A, 2012, 376(2), 153-157.
10) S. Jin, D. Wang*, Z. Huang, P. Tao. Visual Angle Model for Car Following Theory. Physica A, 2011, 390(11), 1931-1940.
China Electronics Association Award
Jilin Provincial Science and Technology Progress Award
Associate Editor of IEEE ITSC
Reviewer of Transportation Research Part A/B/C, IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, IEEE Intelligent Transportation Systems Magazine, Accident Analysis & Prevention, ASCE Journal of Transportation Engineering, Transportation Research Record etc.
Traffic detection technology
Traffic management and signal control
Traffic flow theory